Friday, June 10, 2011

Eight days a week...

Saturday:

Wake up. Start some laundry. (Note that it's "some" laundry. I avoid the dastardly deed. Only have two loads to do, but still....) Make coffee. Make the kids breakfast. Call the store to make sure it's open and staff is ready to go. Clean the house. Steam the floors. Argue with the kids to get ready. Oversee brushing teeth. Break up multiple fights. Call the store to check in. Go shopping for birthday party gifts. Break up more fighting. (Who knew that siblings argued so much?!?!) Make it out of the store without a meltdown over not buying anything for my little people. (They're not usually too bad, but every day is a different experience with Princess Petunia!). Attend a birthday party. Call the store to check in. Maybe go food shopping if it's not too late. Go home, put groceries away. Fold laundry. (UGH, most dreaded...) Make dinner. Keep the kids occupied and happy. Send them to bed.

Sunday:
Repeat most of Saturday, but skip laundry. Make sauce & meatballs for dinner later. Skip shopping for gift, it's already bought. Attend a second birthday party. Give kiddies baths/showers. Layout clothes for school. Re-review homework papers. Have dinner with family. Put kids to bed. Wonder if I'm ready for bed myself.

This is all a typical weekend for me. Although, it's actually less busy than usual, since there's no basketball or gymnastics this weekend. Usually we have something squeezed inbetween.

Note that there's no time for me. There is no shopping, running, yoga, hair appointments, nail appointments or spending time with friends -- or even grownup date night with G.

That's just the way it is...and truthfully, I don't mind. I'm going to have the rest of my life to have time for those things -- because the kids are small for such a short period of time. Someday they're going to be too busy with their friends and other activities that they won't need me hovering over them. So, I run and do yoga - and any other activity during the day when they're in school - or I'm at work. When I'm not at work -- I'm Mom. And that's just the way it is.

And you know what - I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments: