Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday's Thoughts....

1. Cupcake Wars. Love it. Love it. Latest television "must see". But outside of the fact of loving the show just because I love to see the flavor combinations (Lord knows, anyone who knows me knows I can't bake myself! Though I do try...) and I love seeing how beautiful the cupcakes often come out -- but it's all about the camera angles and the snarky host! It's hysterical, the camera shots always seem to show everyone snickering at the person who's being critiqued, and you know it's all shots weaved in out of context. Like, I'm sure that the competitors aren't so cut throat that they'd gloat in front of another contestant, you know what I mean? So it's really funny to see the facial expressions, and really - the host looks like he can't be any more pleased to deliver the bad news. All in all, it's just a fun show to watch for both culinary and entertainment reasons.


2. American Idol. Seriously, have I mentioned enough how much I love, love, love Jennifer Lopez? I just want to pick her up and put her in my pocket and keep her with me so when I'm feeling down she and I can have a good heart to heart and I feel better again. Love her. Is it bad to want to be her? Okay, well how about just look like her? No? Hmmm. Okay. Moving on...


2a. Steven Tyler. Okay - does he look 63? I don't think so...he looks fantastic and really he's another one I just love. He's so exuberant and pure in his admiration for talent in these kids - how can you not enjoy him? The funny thing is, that when I see him - I think of "Don't wanna miss a thing" Aerosmith. "Janie's got a Gun" Aerosmith. But today, when I heard my all time favorite Aerosmith song "Season of Wither", the visual I get is of a very different Steven Tyler. It's hard to imagine that he's that same person. He led one hell of a life ...and I think right now - he's very grateful to have survived to be where he is today.


3. Christopher Gribble. Why is he being kept alive? I'm sorry, 23 hours a day in seclusion in a maximum security prison is just not punishment enough. If NH doesn't support the death penalty for this heinous crime - then how about General Population in a maximum security prison? Come on, it's survival of the fittest....and if he isnt' fit, then.... oh well. I do however, feel badly for his parents. I don't know his family dynamic, but if they're anything relatively normal - they must be beyond heartbroken to know that their at one time beautiful baby - could do something so horribly wrong.


4. The House. Okay, so I've decided to not want this house we love so badly. Because it seems once I stop caring, things fall into place better. So while we have it under agreement - and the house they want still is available, we still don't have a buyer. So now, I don't really care if we find one... if it's meant to be, it will be -- and there's really nothing I can do to change that. It's only a house - and we have a perfectly fine house. It just would be really, really, really great to be in a neighborhood with other kids. Time will tell....and it's really just out of my control.

1 comment:

Suldog said...

MY WIFE loves Cupcake Wars. Me? Not so much. I don't like watching cooking shows where it's a competition. Makes me too nervous. I just like to see folks cook stuff, without prizes.