Saturday, March 05, 2011

Needles & Pins....

I need to get back to acupuncture.
Badly.

Today has turned out to be a spectacularly pretty day; the only problem is that the barometric pressure changed in such a manner that it's triggering a nauseating headache for me. It's funny, I woke up this morning with an oh-so slight headache - nothing a little Tylenol couldn't fix, right? I took the kiddies to gymnastics & basketball; and when we left for the basketball game it was still pretty cool outside. But by the time we got out, it was so much warmer......I felt the headache coming on in the gym but wow has it progressed since coming home.

I just hope it clears up before too long -- we have dinner plans this evening with our favorite cousins that we don't get to see hardly ever, and I do not want to have to cancel.

The only thing that has taken my headaches away, has been acupuncture. For those of you who have read me over the years, you know that I suffered from them constantly. Once I started acupuncture, my headaches disappeared - literally. Which is a great thing. With the building and running of the store, I hadn't taken the time to get back, and so now I get headaches again periodically. The downside to this is that my tolerance for the discomfort has dropped so now even a relatively minor headache is really uncomfortable now and I almost feel like my ability to ward off a migraine is diminished since I don't get them as readily now.

With the good - is the bad; it's ying and yang.
So now I have to make it a point to get back...and fast.

No comments: