Thursday, March 24, 2011

Today's post is brought to you by the letter "A", and the number 1...

Misplaced anger leads to hurt feelings.

I've often commented on it, and typically - I'm usually sitting on the other side of the fence, feeling like there's unjustified anger in other people. I try hard to not let angry moments get the best of me, because really - life is too short, and what's the big deal anyway. Usually nothing is worth getting that upset over.

Not today though.

My words were angry, and while the frustration behind them is complex - the bitterness was irrational and heated in the moment. It was an emotional snapshot of a moment in time - and it passed...but the words lingered.

Misplaced anger leads to hurt feelings -- and today that's exactly what happened as a result of my angry words. I don't like to be unkind... or insensitive. And I can't remember ever being cruel, and today I felt like it was just that.

And that makes this girl feel awful. And angry. And aggravated, but most importantly - apologetic, and ashamed.

No comments: