Monday, July 12, 2010

New York, New York big city of dreams.....

Can I just tell you -- I love, love, love NYC.
I love everything about it.
The grittiness, the hustle and bustle -- the fact that anyone and anything goes. I love the glamour, I love the lack of glamour at times. I love the ethnicity and reality of it all.

That being said, we saw Fences on Saturday.


Front row... hello Denzel & crew.


They were practically spitting on us, literally. He's a fabulously talented actor - and Viola Davis, in my opinion - stole the show. Of course her role was probably the most emotional of them all, and believe me - the show, was full of emotions. Laughter, surprise, sadness....it was all there. A-mazing. Probably the best theatrical performance we've seen. That being said, the downside to that, is that every other play we see will have some big old shoes to fill. Huge.



We stayed at the W - which, is trendy and fun -- but a tad too contemporary for this girl's taste. I prefer something a little more traditional and luxurious; however, their bed was amazingly comfortable. The room was great size and the view was pretty nice.


Dinner at the Bluefin, meh...Service, not so great. Food - really great. Reasonably priced too. But again, the style of the restaurant was a bit too contemporary for my taste; I don't love cafeteria style setup, or sterile seating. But that's just this girl's opinon. The seafood and sushi though - off the hook.

Seriously -- just so much fun.
And I can't wait to go back.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

For next time, two dining recommendations:

http://www.churrascariaplataforma.com/

Magnificent, if you like meat. If not, well, not so much. A Brazilian rodizio, and perhaps the best one in the world outside of Brazil. Magnificent service, tremendous food, awe-inspiring to the uninitiated.

http://www.frenchculinary.com/lecole.htm

L'Ecole is one of the greatest bargains in fine dining available anywhere. Students from the French Culinary Institute, under supervision of their instructors, prepare and serve magnificent foods, drinks, and desserts.

Sylvie said...

Yay I love NYC, too!