Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy Days are here again....

I love Fridays.
Who doesn't, right?

But today's a really nice one. I'm totally digging the rain; the kids and I are on the sofa right now, watching "The Tooth Fairy" in front of a fire (yes, it's gorgeously tropical still, but they wanted a fire and it just looks like a good fireplace kind of night!) while they have a nice hot cocoa, and this girl - a glass of wine. (Dinner: Marinated pork loin, salad w/ lettuce fresh from the garden, and corn with fresh basil. Can't wait - the house smells delicious!)

I got a text from a good friend of mine who also happens to be the best yoga teacher in the world. Truly - the best. Around these parts anyway! I don't get to go to her studio that often anymore because of my work hours, but I'll be going tomorrow morning. (Yay!) I was supposed to go tonight, but it didn't work out - and, she's going to come to the new studio that I go to on Tuesday with me, which is so very cool. I just love her, and have truly missed her - so to get to see her again is a great thing, despite the fact that it didn't go as I'd planned for today.

I'm really quite fortunate. I mean, I've got a beautiful family - but in addition to that, I'm surrounded by good people; I've got friends who are just genuinely good people.

And that's just one of the many reasons why I'm loving Friday today; it's a good day to reflect upon the week, and life in general.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! No rain here-- the heat index is 101. Your dinner sounds yummy! I'm having chicken my hubby made on the george forman (his baby lol). Believe it or not, I've never tried Yoga. I like zumba a lot though. I'm not sure if I can be quiet long enough to do yoga! hehehe
Happy Friday!