Friday, August 14, 2009

The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow....there'll be sun.

This girl is in heaven right now.
I just came back from meeting with my cheese distributor, and all I can say is "oh my."
I had no idea that I was going to get a box full of cheese to enjoy at my leisure! And I was good about only accepting samples of cheese that I've never really tried, rather than just my favorites, though I have to say - that was a difficult thing to pass up.

So, how does chocolate covered goat cheese sound?
Sounds pretty flipping delicious to me!

Since I've been remiss about blogging this week (sort of giving you an indication of the type of week I've had) let's recap, shall we?

1. How's about those Patriots?? Last night's game was awesome to watch -- Tom Brady looked great, and I'm really excited about the young and new prospects on the team like Julian Edelman and the back up QB who while not exactly "new" is new to us. It was definitely a much better pre-season showing than last years, and while that's only one game it was an encouraging sign of what could be quite the promising season.

2. What's going on with the Boys of Summer? I'm really liking this acquisition of Victor Martinez because of all the flexibility he offers in being able to have him as a utility player of sorts. (And of course, Jason is still a very active participant behind the plate. Thank you, thank you, thank you!) I'm not really digging Youk in the field, but eh - you do what you have to do. There's a Wild Card to win and I'm really hoping that the pitching and hitting finally synch so we can think about October baseball. Maybe I'm being a bit premature to say that we'd even have to worry about it, but I'm not entirely convinced and secure with our starting pitching even this late in the season.

3. The store is moving along nicely now. Sure we're still a bit overbudget but it's all going to work out in the end. It's all going to come together at once too I think; I've been interviewing people and have found some nice additions for the staff - and of course there's the above mentioned excitement in the cheese department -- so I'm feeling a little better than I did last week.

4. It's hard to believe summer is already almost over. The weather is just finally being consistent and these poor kids have to start thinking about soon in a few short weeks! My Princess Petunia will be going to Kindergarten and I just can't believe it. It's amazing how life moves so quickly; I'm really happy for her, she's excited and ready to learn. We've been working on addition and subtraction and she can already do basic math which I think will help her out a bit. She's trying hard to read and is so excited to learn; it's interesting to see the dynamic between her and her brother, she tries so hard to keep up with him and not being able to read frustrates her. But give my little firecracker time and I'm positive she'll be reading in no time. But for now, her number one goal is to be my chief cheese taster this evening. She's like her Mom, and is all about the formaggio.

5. Busy and beautiful weekend ahead for this girl. Family reunion tomorrow, Tomato and Corn Festival at our favorite farm on Sunday, and hopefully a trip to our favorite beach on Monday. Today, I only worked a half day so the kiddies and I are off to a local farm to visit the animals, play on the playground and have a nice cup of ice cream before heading home for a visit with one of my girlfriends this evening.

Oh, and of course -- a little cheese tasting.
Have a fabulous weekend, whatever you may be doing!

2 comments:

Tommy Buettner said...

Hey buddy!! Thanks for giving us Lugo. He is working out great for us!!

Tommy

Tommy Buettner said...

BTW, if you are still interested in dong a baseball guest blog about your Red Sox, let me know.

dugout.chat@gmail.com