Tuesday, August 25, 2009

You had a bad day....you had a bad day.

Yup. That would be this girl.

(First off, let me preface this post by stating that I'm writing this from inside the new shop. Yesterday Verizon came in and set up FIOS for TV/internet and phone; everything was tested except for internet so I brought my laptop with me to test it before I go home today, and it is Suh-weet. Uber fast.)

So this a.m. -- first thing, trying to get out the door - my battery is dead. Seems that one of my darling kiddies didn't shut their door all the way (Princess Petunia, not to name names....) and since I hadn't used my vehicle since Saturday afternoon - I didn't realize this until, well.... you guessed it - after G left for work. So, being resourceful (and not having AAA), I called a tow company who came down and charged my truck for me. My sitter was nice enough to loan me her car during the wait so I could meet my 9am interview this morning.

If that wasn't a chaotic enough start, I called my girlfriend to see if she wanted to meet me for a quick sushi lunch. As I'm pulling into the lot, there's some debris or something in the road which causes a loud "BANG" and I feel like I've hit a horse or something. I pull into the parking lot and look at my tire to see while there isn't a hole per se -- there's a chunk of rubber missing and my rim is hacked up - I truly can't drive on it any longer. Fortunately there's a Midas right next store so I stop in and figure I'll have the tire replaced while I eat. Mmmmm,yeah. Not happening - they don't carry Michelin tires. So, I figure - okay, I'll buy a new one at the place he recommends one town over. But before I leave, I ask him to put on my spare - and save us a few bucks for now; yeah, that's not happening either. The spare - is flat. (Feel like yelling out "WTF"? God knows I did.)

So, off I went and got a new tire - $250 later.
*sighs.*

Tonight we have our planning board meeting and seriously, it has got to go far better than the day has so far.

1 comment:

Raina said...

Yep! I can name quite a few days like that I have experienced myself. It always gets better. Usually the next even. =)