Saturday, August 01, 2009

It's those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer....

And around these parts, it seems like we can't get enough of them. Seriously, I'm so all set with rain. And to emphasize that point, the kiddies and I are spending the afternoon at my girlfriend's pool; my daughter is spending the night with her - which is a fun thing for both her and us! Tonight while she's having a camp out with my girlfriend, we're going to take my son someplace and we'll have a little one and one time with him. My girlfriend says she wants to take my son another weekend, and when she does, we'll have a little one on one time with my daughter. She's really so good to my kiddies.

So, in honor of the lovely leisurely Saturday we're going to have -- I'm kicking it "I'm Just A Girl" old school and posting my Saturday survey.

1. Are you taller than your mom?
No, I'm the shortest in the family at 5'1. (I prefer to say I'm "petite".)

2. Do you have a favorite type of pen?
I love, love, love Sharpies. They make my handwriting look pretty.

3. Look at your planner for October 14, what are you doing?
I'm not booked out that far. Ask me about September 14th and that's a different story.

4. What color are your toenails usually?
"Its a Doozy says Suzi" or "Suzi says Da". Today they're "Midnight in Moscow". Clearly, I love the Russian Collection from OPI

5. What was the last thing you highlighted?
I highlighted some items on an invoice two days ago.

6. What color are the curtains in your bedroom?
I dont have curtains. Sure it's lousy at 6 a.m. but I love a bright room. Throw the blankets over your head, and truly - if I'm that tired, nothing's waking me up.

7. What color are the seats in your car?
Tan leather

8. Have you ever had a black and white cat?
Yes, little Miss Meritage (often called Bordeaux) at the store. She's black and white.

9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on?
An envelope

10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming?
No, but I wish I did. I always wanted to go on a dude ranch in Jackson Hole.

11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time?
I haven't used an ATM in years -- who needs to when you have Debit accessibility.

12. Who is the last baby that you held?
I think it was my nephew Jacob.

13. Can you spell well?
Exceptionally well, truth be told. (though I'm not spell checking, so I hope there aren't typos in this!)

14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste?
Eh, it's okay. A little too much sugar to make my mouth feel clean.

15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago?
Same one that I'm driving now.

16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators?
Seriously?!?! Don't you know I'm from Boston!?!?

17. Last time you went to Six Flags?
Never. I am so not an amusement park kind of girl.

18. Favorite lunching place
Any place that has fantastic sushi.

19. Closest thing to you that is yellow?
A picture my daughter drew with a highlighter this a.m.

20. Last person you gave a business card?
Hmm. I think it might have been the ABCC inspector.

21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to?
My sitter.

22. Closest framed picture to you?
Princess Petunia's Pre-K shot.

23. Last time you had someone cook for you?
My MIL.

24. Have you ever been to the moon?
Seriously?? Seriously.

25. How many emails do you get in your inbox daily (excluding spam)?
Maybe 4-5 legitimate ones on an average day; depends on if I'm working on a particular project though, there could be more.

26. Last time you received flowers?
One of my girlfriends gave me a pretty planted gerber daisy at the brunch I threw this spring.

28. Do you play air guitar?
Nope.

29. Has anyone ever proposed to you?
But of course... G.

30. Do you take anything in your coffee?
If it's at Dunkins - it's a medium hazelnut/coconut, skim milk and 3 splenda. If it's Starbucks, it's a Hazelnut Cafe Americana with room. Or, it's a Clover brew.

31. Do you have any Willow Tree figurines?
No, unfortunately. I give them as gifts, but have yet to ever receive one myself.

32. What is/was your high school's mascot
A blue and gold lion.

33. Last person you spoke to from high school?
Jenn

34. Last time you used hand sanitizer?
When don't I use one???

35. Would you like to learn to play the drums?
I don't have a burning desire to do so... but I think I could pick it up easily.

36. what color are the blinds in your living room?
Off white pleated blinds.

38. Last thing you read in the newspaper?
About the Victor Martinez acquisition by the Sox.

39. What was the last pageant you attended?
The one I was in, back in what - 1988.

40. What is the last place you bought pizza from?
The place that brought the 12 pizzas for Princess Petunia's birthday party.

41. Have you ever worn a crown?
Queens don't need crowns to flaunt their royalty.

42. What is the last thing you stapled?
Paperwork for the bank.

43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi?
No, and truly - it sounds disgusting!

44. Are you ticklish?
Absolutely.

45. Last time you saw fireworks?
This past 4th of July

46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut?
My first, last and only was about 6 years ago? I was less than impressed.

47. Who is the last person that left you a message & you actually returned?
Nancy

48. Last time you parked under a carport?
Never

49. Do you have a black dog?
No

50. Can you give one reason why David Caruso is allowed to keep acting?
Seriously? I'd rather know why Speidi is such a phenom and why they keep showing up in the magazines.

51. Are you an aunt or uncle?
Yes, I'm an auntie.

52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of?
I think everyone has beautiful eyes. They're the windows to the soul.

No comments: