Monday, August 17, 2009

Better late....than never!

It's really a sin that we finally get summer at the end of August when all the kids have to go back to school. Although....if I think back to when I was a young lass, summer started waaaaay back in June, and lasted straight through August when on September 1st it seemed the chill found it's way back into the air.


I remember wearing dresses with knee socks on my first day each year, and I still vividly remember some of my walks to school. I remember walking from my house and waving at my mother who would stand in the window; I remember the smell of the air. It's that smell that always reminds me of the first day of school, the first real crisp crunch of Autumn.

Yesterday, we had a "daycation" and took the kids to Water Country. Seriously, how can anyone not love that place? Sure, it costs a fortune to get in the door - but it's just a complete blast. And in this heat - truly nothing beats it. I love, love, love it there. I'm not a slide kinda girl - but there are so many pools that there is no way you can't have fun.

Today, I'm a little high. Seriously. I was at the new store almost all day, in the heat with no AC might I add -- and the fumes from the sealant of the flooring. Insta-head-dull-ache. I think I need to clear my sinuses or something because I swear I can still smell it.

And now, it's the end of the day and I'm beyond exhausted. My days are far fuller and busier now than they have been in a long time and I'm thorougly tired when my head hits the pillow. Some is stress, some is chaos, some is just mindweariness - but it's all good.

Now if only the Sox can just get it together.....

1 comment:

Suldog said...

I think it sucks that kids have to go back to school so early now. It was never before Labor Day when I was a kid.