1. So last night's physical therapy session on my knee was très douloureux; I did have some help in trying to forget the discomfort in the immediate return home, where a Redbones chicken & ribs combo was waiting for me in the oven! G stopped on the way home and picked up some of the best comfort Southern food in MA - and this girl hasn't had any in years! It was...to die for. Seriously, good stuff if you have the chance to go anytime; I have yet to taste better. So if you know of any - hit me up and let me know about it. I swear, I better have this knee surgery soon because not being able to work off all these extra calories is driving me insane!! The 18th can't come soon enough.....
2. The offseason for baseball Is truly one of my favorite times of year. I'm really disappointed that CC Sabathia went to the Yankees; I had hoped to have landed him last year, but now the Evil Empire has tied him up for 6 years. Well, in some instances - going to NY can be a curse. So many "great" ball players have landed there the last few years, just to dud out. Sorry CC -- but I’m sort of hoping it happens to you too.
I don't know what's going to happen with Jonathan Papelbon's outlook on the future now that KRod has landed a mega contract; Jonathan was running off at the mouth last year about it before it should've ever been on the radar -- so, this girl thinks it's not going to be easy to keep him when the time comes. I mean listen, he's "the bomb" but seriously - I digress back to my many posts about sometimes it shouldn't just be all about the money. Isn't there something to be said about work environment, gratification and respect? Why split hairs over a few dollars...?
And finally, the thought I've been pondering for the last few weeks is....how does Youk feel about playing third?
3. I've got my company luncheon today. This is our "holiday party". Seriously? So, I get to leave in a few minutes to go eat a not so great meal (albeit free) with people I don't really know that well. Doesn't that sound fun! Truth of the matter is, I'll be happy and outgoing and chit chat with everyone, but seriously -- I'd rather have a bonus and no lunch. Or....a dinner holiday party! It's been years since I've worked for a company that does a holiday party. Again, it is still awkward because you don't know half the people from the company since we're all dispersed - so I probably wouldn't even go -- but the thought sure would be nice!
Tomorrow is the office holiday party, which will be a little bit more fun. At least I've gotten to know these people a little bit! And, it's in a conference room across the street so I don't have to travel far either.
4. Speaking of tomorrow -- it's the Beacon Hill Holiday Stroll! If you're in town, or are planning to be in town -- it's a really fun event for the whole family. The neighborhood businesses serve refreshments and spread cheer as the tree lighting takes place, Santa visits - carolers stroll Charles Street, and I do believe there will be horse drawn carriage rides. (At least there used to be!). Check it out if you can!
5. I've decided to give freelance writing a try....I'll let you know how it works out. I've gotten a few bites, and there's one wine site I'm going to be contributing to - so once I have a few reviews out there, I'll be sure to share.
Off to lunch!