Tuesday, December 23, 2008

There'll be much mistletoeing, and hearts will be glowing when loved ones are near; it's the most wonderful time of the year....!

I finished all of my wrapping last night.
Well almost all of it.
I have only a few more gifts left to buy today - but those will be easy enough to get done.

The snow over the weekend sort of threw my whole schedule off; I should've been in work yesterday and off today....but having it reversed has sort of got me feeling behind the 8 ball, so to speak.

I'm don't think I'm really behind schedule....I'm just feeling like I am.
(This is when I really miss yoga. It just keeps me so stressfree and centered.)

Today, after I leave work I'll be finishing the above mentioned shopping, and then the cooking will begin! My Turducken is thawing (and smells delish, might I add....), my pasta is already done. I made my candied sweet potatoes yesterday (though I may make a second batch tonight!) The ham is marinating (the trick to not ever having a dry ham!). Today I'll make my stuffed peppers, roasted potatoes w/ eggplant, and stuffed scallops. I'll put the leaf in the table, bring down the extra chairs, takeout the dishes and tablecloth -- get everything ready for setup on Christmas Eve.

I think come tomorrow afternoon, I'll be able to breathe a little easier.

As anxious as I feel -- I'm quite excited. I love Christmas -- I love having dinner -- and though I'm a neurotic crazy girl about wanting it all perfect, it doesn't matter in the end. I just love having everyone together, eating and having fun.

That is what it's all about anyway....the perfection of it all doesn't lie in the menu, or the table arrangement. It's not about the gifts. It is entirely about the enjoyment of being together and most of all -- the laughter and excitement in the eyes of the children.

1 comment:

chesneygirl said...

I am hosting my FIRST Christmas family dinner tomorrow for 13 people. I am not a cook. At all.
So I am NERVOUS AS HELL!!

Good luck with all your last minute stuff and... MERRY CHRISTMAS, REBECCA!! :)