Monday, August 28, 2006

Re-lunching?!?

I walked into my office's little breakroom/snack area to just get away from my desk. A co worker and I were standing at the counter talking, and catching up. Someone came in and microwaved their lunch, which smelled pretty good at the time - and then left when it was done, some 2 minutes and 30 seconds later.

As I sat back down at my desk, the aroma of his lunch still lingered......I looked around, and said aloud to the guys who sit next to me, "Do you smell that? What are you eating?" They both answered "nothing - I don't smell anything". I'm crazy, right???

Clearly, I was standing just a little too close to the microwave and now this guys' lunch aroma has found a home in my mane!!!

I've sprayed perfume, I've brushed my hair, used hairspray - yet I still smell whatever it was which is indescribable as to the specific food groups cooked, yet is obviously some semblence of food residue hovering on me.

It's one thing to go to your favorite Mexican restaurant and walk out of there smelling the food, because well, it was your food - or at least food you enjoyed! Or to sit by a bonfire and have the smoke envelope your being until you shower next.

But your co workers lunch?
GROSS.

8 comments:

Shayna said...

Hey Kodijack,
That happens to be my favorite meal....and I'm not kidding! lol

bigwhitehat said...

Funny. I don't have that problem.

chesneygirl said...

Eeeeww!

I can't say that I've ever had that happen.

Martie said...

Well, by now hopefully you have gotten rid of the lingering food odor. Stand further away from the microwave from now on!

Bougie Black Boy said...

you never cease to amaze me with your tales! :) and, you related food to this write-up again! Hope things are going well for you over there.

Bougie Black Boy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Big Ben said...

Think on the birhgt side, next time you get a hair cut, you can eat it what gets cut off.

Susan said...

EEWEY. My hair picks up scents too. It's gross. I hate it.