Thursday, August 17, 2006

Happy "V" day!

Last night, my husband and I went out for dinner to our favorite martini bar restaurant. Before we went in, we visited this wine shop that's right next to it because we love the shop - and have always hoped to catch the owner inside. It's a much larger store than ours, and carries most of the products that we want to expand to if given the opportunity to in our building. As it turns out, my cousin shops there regularly and she knows the owner, and had mentioned that my husband and I own our shop - and this particular wine shop's owner expressed an interest in meeting with us to talk. So, we took the opportunity to step inside last night and sure enough the owner was in there. So we had a nice conversation, chit chatted about mutually understood issues that are involved in owning such a boutique shop.....and at what felt like the right moment, I casually mentioned that if they ever wanted to sell....one thing led to another....and let's just say the dialogue is now open.

So as my husband and I are drinking our martinis, and talking about future possibility with business plans - something struck me as really funny. (Clearly, the alcohol had taken it's effect by this point...)

Yesterday in work, I was talking with a good friend of mine who had confided in me that he was going to have a Vasectomy done today. We talked at lengths about why he and his wife don't want more children, we joked about stories he'd heard about the recovery from family members and friends of his who'd already had one done, so on and so on. So, after we were done talking I wished him well "under the knife" and told him I'd see him next week when he got back.

Why I was thinking of his vasectomy at dinner last night is beyond me, but it dawned on me.....today is his birthday!!!!!!!!!


Who plans for a vasectomy on their birthday!?!?! What was he thinking??? You want to inflict that kind of discomfort on that day of all days? Actually, it's rather ironic that he's taking steps on his birthday, to prevent someone else from having a birthday, don't you think?

I started laughing so hard, it took all I had last night not to call him and leave a message on his cell phone wishing him a happy "V" day...but I didn't. My husband didn't think he'd find it very funny.

2 comments:

clew said...

LOL - we so need to hang out. :)

Martie said...

The things you girls find amusing and at the expense of the poor man "under the knife" none the less. And on his birthday too! Bwahh-haaaaa! It is funny!