Friday, August 18, 2006

All about a color....

I took a blog thing that I thought I'd share. It caught my eye.... it's "What shade of blue are you". While blue is not one of my favorite colors per se, it is a color I tend to think of as reflective of happiness. Probably because my favorite shade of blue, is a colbalt blue....bright, crisp and brisk. I found some interesting history on the color blue which I find pretty neat because it ties so strongly to femininity.

"Blue is the color of sky and water. The blue of water - the color of depth - impersonates the female principle. Blue of the skies used to be associated with the male principle. It is the color of all heavenly gods and stands for distance, for the divine, for the spiritual (voiced particularly by W. Kandinsky). This interpretation goes back to ancient Egyptians and was taken on by later cultures. Skin of Egyptian god Amun was rendered blue.

The blue color in Mary's's mantle in "The Annunciation" by an unknown master links Heaven and Earth, proximity and distance and also the Divine and the Mundane. Archangel Gabriel brings the tidings of the conception, the Blue of Mary's mantle can be seen in this context as a symbol of purity.

Blue has remained the symbol of fidelity till our times, as fidelity can be proven only from distance, where the opportunity for unfaithfulness awaits. Blue flowers, such as forget-me-nots and violets symbolize faithfulness. According to an old english custom, the bride wears blue ribbons in her wedding gown and a blue saphire in her wedding ring. Tiny flowers of blue speedwell are part of the wedding bouquet."

So that being said, the following are my results on "what shade of blue I really am". And now I'm off for some Thai food with my development team! See what shade of blue you are!



You are Ocean Blue

You're both warm and practical. You're very driven, but you're also very well rounded.
You tend to see both sides to every issue, and people consider you a natural diplomat.

2 comments:

Big Ben said...

I would probably be Navy or royal blue

Martie said...

I got the same response you did!