Friday, October 23, 2009

Fridays Final Thoughts...

1. I've been so involved in business -- I've not been able to watch any sports! Well, I saw part of the Pats game, but seriously - since the Sox loss, I've yet to watch tv or listen to sports radio. Thank goodness for my Twitteratzi friends, otherwise I'd never know what was going on!! But even with them, I know what's going on in current sporting news -- not so much the baseball back office kind of "stuff". (Code for: what's the skinny on the Captain for next year?)

2. Tonight was our first Friday night - with minimal advertising. I have one word: wow. I don't know if it's because it's new - if it's because this was previously a dry town, or if this is going to be the norm, but we're doing numbers that resemble our Boston store. Insane.....

3. Did I mention we've got a ribbon cutting ceremony? Yup. Tuesday, we will have a photo op that will forever be chronicled within the history of the community. I am finding it hard to believe that me -- a girl from the ghetto on the North Shore (if you know me in real life - you know where we're from and totally get the joke! Not truly a ghetto, but still...) and a boy from the "Ville are responsible for this. See what a little ambition and elbow grease can get you...?

4. Busy weekend as always on the agenda - but wow, this is a different kind of busy. Tonight, the kids and I had a Taco Dinner night with my aunt; tomorrow, the kids and I will hang out - and then they have a play date with their cousins while I work for a few hours; then tomorrow night hopefully we'll just snuggle with a movie. Sunday, we have a birthday party for our Grandmother - and hopefully G and I will switch off watching the shop with the staff that day. Truly, Sunday staff is seasoned and capable with retail so I think they'll be okay. But we'll see....

It's been an interesting whirlwind of a week. Once we can get a decent amount of staff on per shift for end of the week - I think life will once again have a semblence of normalcy.

I think.....

1 comment:

~**Dawn**~ said...

No word on the Cap'n right now. The only two names that have been mentioned at all are Saito (DFA'd so he could decline & the Sox would retain the right to negotiate with him as a free agent without the waiting til May) and Wakey who had successful back surgery & will likely be back in 2010 as long as he is healthy (odds look good). Not much else going on. Unless you count Mills in the running for the Astros manager opening.