Saturday, October 03, 2009

Sparse. sporadic.... Saturday

So, while I'm trying to stay diligent on my blogging - with the new store getting ready for opening, I must admit - it's going to be difficult. But I will try to not miss more than a day or so; partly because it's a therapeutic and fun thing for me -- and I don't have much fun these days (only temporarily, I know...) -- and partly because I really want to share the excitement and tribulations of opening the store.

We received our first wine shipment yesterday -- 80 cases. That's alot to receive in one day. But, that was the largest and they'll get smaller each time until we're full - which is great. I placed my first food order yesterday, and this week I'll be pulling the trigger on the other ones I have lined up so that we can start getting the store merchandised - and most importantly, everything into the register properly. My last food shipment will be the fresh cheese and frozen products; they've got a different shelf life so it's important to do them last, and quite honestly - they're a breeze to merchandise.

I do want to share one tip with everyone -- and to no one's surprise, it's a cleaning tip. I bought some of those Mr Clean Magic Erasers; I'd seen them but figured - seriously, what can that do that I can't with a little Fantastic and a nice cloth? Let me tell you -- it's awesome. I went over my walls with it this morning and I was most definitely impressed at how it cleaned without ruining the finish, and with such little effort. When you have tan hallways and little hands in your house, you'd be amazed at how dirty the walls get -- and I was equally amazed at how easily it cleaned and almost made the paint look brighter! Love them - and if you haven't tried them yet yourself, I highly recommend that you do.

So that is my personal endorsement for this rainy and yet very comfortable Saturday afternoon. Our soccer game was cancelled (clearly!) and we have a birthday party to attend today, but it was a last minute invite and truly - this girl doesn't feel up to going to a party at the moment, but who knows - maybe that will change.

1 comment:

Suldog said...

I, too, gave a personal endorsement for the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on my blog (about a year ago, I think.) Best cleaning tool ever!