Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday's final thoughts....

*She sighs as she rests her tired toesies on the sofa*

Yes. I wore heels again today. I know, I know....I'm a glutton for punishment.

So it's Friday, and it's Halloween weekend -- and I've got a swirl of thoughts going around in my head and I figure I might as well set them free. Let's get started, shall we...?

1. Who doesn't love Halloween? Seriously. It's so much fun, even if you don't get dressed up it's a blast watching all the kids in their creative costumes. Today at the store - I blew threw 1800 pieces of candy to all the kids who came in to trick or treat at the local businesses and I was blown away by the creativity of some costumes. Loved them.

2. My daughter's costume however - is the most creative of all. I've come to realize just how artistic my little Princess Petunia is these days. Both of my kids are very imaginative and creative - both very artistic -- but she can make something out of nothing. She'll take a juice box that's empty and poke pencils in it, hang things from it - and come up with a brand new creation. So this year, she came up with her own costume idea: A rainy day. (I'd prefer sunshower, but she ixnayed Mommy's idea...). It's her favorite yellow rain slicker with a duck head for a hood, her yellow umbrella with light blue strands of plastic hanging from it to look like rain -- and slickers. Seriously, how cute and out of the box?!?! Love her...

3. Two weeks into the store and it's abundantly clear that staff needs to be rotated. Some, while maybe wine savvy just aren't cut out for retail. At least not fast paced retail.... and if anyone knows G, then they know he's a bull in a china shop on speed. He's got NO patience for anyone not working at his level, and while I'm high speed low drag myself, I've got a little more patience in that arena than he does. So, I've got to rework the scheduling a bit to see how we can't get more snazziness on weekends than we do at the moment. Love everyone there, but the speed isn't quite there... Ahhh, but such is the life in retail.

4. I'm convinced I won't be able to recharge any time soon. Running, yoga, massages, retail therapy...any or all of the above are more than likely a vision in the not so near future. But that's okay, after the holidays it will be appreciated and valued that much more because I'll really, really, really enjoy it....

Really.... !

No comments: