Tuesday, October 06, 2009

We have so much time, and so little to do - strike that! Reverse it.

Okay, so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.
It's a good thing, but still.... of the 8 components that run this business, I'm responsible for 6 of them. Eventually, it may be all 8 - but for now, even the 6 is enough enough to make anyone's head spin.

I very rarely dream, and even more rarer is it for me to remember them; but while I don't remember my dream per se from last night, I know my teeth were cracking and falling out. (eewww.) According to the dream dictionaries it basically means that it can be representational of subconscience feelings of insecurity about undertakings.

I think if there wasn't such anticipation regarding our opening, it wouldn't matter so much -- but to be the first real wine shop in a previously dry community -- there's definitely anticipation and expectations. I'm sure we'll meet them, it's really just feeling that our processes are ironed out that hangs over my head.

Speaking of expectations... please tell me that wasn't the Captain's last regular season game in uniform this past weekend?!?! I haven't been able to keep up on my sporting news with all of this, but I did see him tip his cap and he received a standing ovation which truly, got me a little faklempt thinking this was it. Say it isn't so!!!

Actually, we were offered playoff tickets right on the first baseline for this weekend and I'm so disappointed we aren't able to take them. We were supposed to have been at Foxboro for this past Sunday's game actually - but as a result of the timing of the opening... no such anniversary soiree is happening. That's okay... it's a small time in life to sacrifice.

So that's where my head is at today. We're potentially two weeks out from opening, and there's so much to do to get ready yet we are so close.

So close....

No comments: