Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Every day is another day to have a good day....

And unfortunately, while the day before yesterday -- or yesterday -- wasn't one of them -- today is a far better day.

I got some of my Italian specialty items and cured meats and panini rolls -- my pastas and such. As well as the fun cheese mixes, and spreads/salsas and other fabulous goods. What was even better than that - was the reaction I got from two people today when I loaded the frozen pasta. I have pumpkin ravioli which they both expressed that a local specialty shop sells for more than double mine. Love to hear that kind of thing.

Friday, the cheese is coming!! I'm beside myself over that. And of course, the fresh olives and stuffed cherry peppers that I can't wait to display. How to keep myself from snacking all the time is the issue....

Displaying everything is going to be the most challenging aspect - and the most argued thus far -- but it will all come together beautifully. I'm sure of it. My mother in law is an amazingly talented designer and so for her to stage the store with me and some of the people who are helping out and retail oriented -- is really going to be fun.

But in the meantime, onwards and upwards and hopefully in very short order - this stressful time will be behind me. It didn't have to be so stressful, and I wish it wasn't....but hey - it is, what it is.

Time to move on.....

2 comments:

Nichole M said...

Sounds like things are coming along nicely. Hang in there... you're getting it done!

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

I sure hope you let us know where this place is!

Good luck. I know with your drive and smarts, it's in the bag.