Monday, November 21, 2011

Lights out....

Tonight I took my Dad to see the new house.
It was darker than I'd hoped it would be at 5:00 - and let me tell you, I learned a little somethin' somethin' about this new area as a result.

My street has no streetlights.
NONE.

And let me tell you.....it's a dark street.  Looks like we're going to have to invest in lots of outdoor lighting.  I've never seen a street without lights before?!? 

But you know what was amazing about it?

As I pulled up to the house, what came running out of my new yard and up my new driveway?
Three baby deer!!

The yard we have is really big and split into two sections; the grassy part of the yard goes right into the forest...we're surrounded by forest behind us, and actually on some parts of the street which is kind of interesting to see how there's this neighborhood carved into it.

The kids are excited because when I told them that, they realized that their bedroom windows overlook both the back and front of the house (T's room is over the grassy yard, Princess Petunia is over the front yard) and so at night, they stand a real chance of seeing little creatures when they look out their window.  How fun is that??

Seven days from today... just seven more days.

No comments: