Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thursday's Random Thoughts....

1. Zahra Clare Baker, who used hearing aids and a prosthetic leg because of bone cancer, was reported missing over the weekend by her father and stepmother. Except, the authorities are looking for her remains because they believe she is dead. At the hands of her stepmother, and possibly even her father. Can you imagine?!?! Kill, kill, kill....! That's my opinon. Does the death penalty avert crimes like this? Those opposed to capital punishment may suggest that it doesn't - but I'm telling you, make the taking of a life with malice and forethought punishable by death - and people just might think twice before harming others -- especially the young and innocent.

2. It's still rather surreal for me when I think about my Mom. I know that I was rather fortunate in having the ability to say goodbye - but you know, I'm still really haunted by that last day. Really, I am. My daughter talks about her alot - she mentioned her again today, and how that last day was the last time we saw her; about how the last time we took her out, it was out for ice cream, only 10 days or so prior to her passing. It's just a weird, strange feeling when I think about that period of time. I wonder if when she stayed with me, she knew how much of a gift she gave the kids for them to be able to spend time with her. I know I'm certainly not the only person to lose a parent, but trust me when I tell you - it's an unsettling feeling to not have your Mother, at least at this stage in life. Many have lost sooner, I know; but it never is really the right time I suppose.

3. I think I need to make a little time for me soon. The holidays are coming and I'm going to be crazy busy at work -- I've yet to make a Wrentham run (can you imagine?!), I never got that massage I wanted over a year ago now -- and Mommy needs a little R&R. I think the week after next I'm making a Monday Wrentham Run (insert angels choiring HERE), and maybe the week after will be a spa day. My problem is - I really love my job, and I hate not being at the store. It's an extension of who I am, in the best way - so I really don't mind being there during the day, as opposed to being at an office. Now, if only I can stick to the plan of taking a day off....

No comments: