Saturday, February 06, 2010

Marcia, Marcia....Marcia!

Or "Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer".

Can I just tell you -- I love love love Jennifer Aniston. I think it's because I feel like I can relate to her; it's as if I know her. I don't mean that in a crazy, stalkerish way -- I mean it in the respect that she comes across as being, well.... so normal. Like she could be one of my friends...she could be me. And while I have no idea as to how she really is as a person in real life, every one of her characters seem to have a general likeability about them that makes me feel as if she's not acting but just being herself. Although I do think that if I knew her in real life we'd be fabulous friends.... we could do yoga, eat aruyevedic and enjoy good wine. Just sayin'...

She must have not only nerves of steel - but a psyche of one as well. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to have my whole life played out in the tabloids. I mean, it's one thing to rise above and just ignore, but when everyone is just talking about your love life, who you're dating - who you're divorcing -- it's got to be excruciatingly difficult to take the high road all the time. The poor girl married the most amazing man (or so he seemed at the time...at least the most amazing man to look at), to become one half of a divinly gorgeous golden couple; and at the same time, was unable to have a slice of privacy during what is an incredibly traumatic time at being horribly mistreated publicly by that very same person. It's hard enough for us regular people to deal with rejection from a partner in a relationship -- imagine having it on every television, radio and print publication?!?!?! Ugh, and of course the media just frenzies on it. Her ex's current partner I lost respect for; in the beginning I tried to give the benefit of the doubt to a certain extent, because one never really knows what happened....but once the admitted preying upon and digs were being announced in interviews, that all went out the window. So very disturbing. I find it appalling that this poor girl just can't get away from her ex husband publicly! "Jennifer, 5 years after the divorce..." "Jen won't take Brad back"... ugh. Like it isn't hard enough to have your heart broken -- you have to relive it daily everywhere you look?

All I can say is this:



Jennifer, you are a lovely and beautiful and strong woman. You know that it's all about karma....what goes around comes around, and it's a-coming. You can relinquish the guilt by forgiving, but that can't stop the forces of nature and karma can be a big ol' bitch. You've clearly surrounded yourself with a fantastic support system and you are a force to be reckoned with. I don't envy you -- yet at the same time, I suppose I do a bit. At a minimum, I wish I could grab a 'bucks and do yoga with you... I do think we'd probably be great friends.



Oh, and by the way -- if you want me to kick Angelina's "you know what", I will. I think I can take her.... Kidding. (Not really. I really do think I can take her.....)

No comments: