Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's Thursday's Thinking....

1. I want that job. So, how's about that snowstorm eh? DC, huge. Boston - non existant. And I knew it was going to happen that way and yet it amazed me that the schools all cancelled. Truly, the night before I saw Fox 25's lead weatherman chatting with other weather trackers and at about 8:45 they were pretty convinced the storm was too far south for anyone other than the Cape to get any substance; but the schools had already cancelled long before the 10pm broadcast so truly -- what could they say? They couldn't retract the forecast at that point, right? Schools don't cancel their cancellations.

How great it must be to have someone pick out your clothes, do your hair, do your makeup - you reap the benefits of being a quasi-celebrity (you know, fun events and never needing restaurant reservations) and you get to guess at what you think might happen? And you still get paid when you're wrong. I so want that job.


2. Different prices? That's a ripoff... So today I had to stop and get gas and when I pulled up to the pump I saw two different Regulars. One price for cash - one for credit. What's that all about? I don't go to stores and get charged differently for cash items versus credit items. Imagine if I sold wine at prices dependant upon how the person paid? What kind of a gig is that? And at the prices these days - how many people actually fill their tank with cash -- unless of course they're driving a 4 cylindar. At minimum, most of us use debit cards -- so why penalize us for not carrying a Chicago bankroll every time we leave the house? I totally thought that was craziness - and I think it's rude. Pick one price, and stick with it. Jeesh....


3. Je veux voir un bon film ce week-end. Tonight we're watching "The Blind Side" and I'd really, really, really like to see "Julie & Julia" this weekend. I've heard some great things about that movie and I just want to snuggle up with a blanket and a glass of wine and watch it. Will that actually get to happen? Who knows - but it's what I'd like to do!

3 comments:

jenandmolly said...

We (Haley and I) went to see the Blind Side....LOVED IT! Laughed out loud...saw waaaayyyy too much in her....and a lot of my husband in him...pretty funny! Let me know what you think!

Suldog said...

They'll always try to find a way to screw us in the end! I never knew about the cash/credit difference in prices, as I do usually pay cash at the pumps. Amazing, though.

Watched "Julie & Julia" last night with MY WIFE. Very good movie; I enjoyed it. Eat beforehand, though, otherwise you'll want to all through it :-)

~**Dawn**~ said...

They claim they will sell it for cheaper if you pay cash because they aren't paying the credit card fees for your purchase. ::eye roll::

I used to say that about the weather people all the time when I worked at the dealership & was made to feel as if I did nothing right, *ever*.