Monday, February 15, 2010

A little flour, a little butter, and a lot of sugar....

Okay, so I admit I have yet another television obsession.
Baking shows on both Food TV & TLC.

Cake Boss. Ultimate Cake-off. Ace of Cakes. Food Network Challenges.
I can't not watch them when they're on, and I'm able to actually take a few minutes to sit down and relax.

Let's be honest, the only channel I really watch is Food Network anyway -- and though it's on at the store constantly though I don't get to actually watch the shows; I do get to glance up now and then and look at what is being made, but it's not the same as being able to just sit down and enjoy.

But there's something about the baking shows that I just love. Maybe it's because it's something that I don't think I could ever actually do myself? Or maybe it's just the sheer artistry that is the end result that reels me in; but whatever it is -- I'm definitely hooked.

2 comments:

Nichole M said...

I *love* Cake Boss. Did you see that life size NASCAR cake he made? And do you not hate his bitch sister? You know... the one with blonde hair who is always screwing stuff up....

Suldog said...

MY WIFE loves those cake shows, too. I think they're decent, but I usually spend too much time stressing during them - wondering if they'll get the cake right, or delivered, or whatever. I much prefer straight how-to-do-it cooking shows.