(Poor Charlie Brown. Always feeling on the downside of up...)
I'm thankful that I'm not cooking on Thanksgiving. Though truthfully, I enjoy cooking so much that despite the fact that I'm going to be working morning, noon and night tomorrow -- part of me still wishes I was making dinner.
That being said, I don't know that I'll get to post prior to the big day; so I'm presenting my list of what I'm thankful for at the present. Outside of the first one -- they're in no particular order of meaning.
1. Always thankful for the health of my family and friends. That above all means more than anything else.
2. For the fact that despite this economy, business is doing well. Opening a new business is always such a gamble, and so I'm thankful that we're able to pay the bills. Leaving my job was a big decision, and I'm very pleased that right now anyway -- it was a risk worth taking.
3. My children are constant souces of inspiration - and frustration. I mean that in the best possible way, because I'm thankful that they challenge me. In some ways, it allows me to think out of the box in my parenting, and enables me to continually try to be a better parent. While it may be a dictatorship in my house, I've learned that there is more than one way to skin (insert you favorite hunting creature HERE.) And for that, I'm very, very thankful.
4. I'm thankful that my mother's health seems to be settled down. That one's sort of separate from the first one. It wasn't a good year.
5. I've got a fantastic support system of friends. For that, I'm beyond thankful.
6. I'm thankful for my husband and children. So many people go through this life alone; and that's okay - sometimes that's out of a person's control; but I'm thankful that I have a family to enjoy life with.
7. I'm thankful that Jason Varitek will once again wear a Red Sox uniform. (C'mon...you know I had to squeeze a Jason reference in somewhere!!)
I hope that however you celebrate Thanksgiving - and with whomever - your day is filled with laughter, friendship and love.