Thursday, November 12, 2009

Stewie (at airport): I require a window seat and an inflight Happy Meal, and no pickles! God help you if I find pickles!

Does anyone do their job any more?
Anyone?
Ever...?

Get this, and please - someone correct me if my expectations were too high.

I ordered my labels for the store, on October 8th.
A simple order; 1 gold label squared, 1 gold label oval, 1 clear label oval.
All black ink.

I was told they'd be ready and in my store the day after I opened -- the 20th.
So, on the 24th when I hadn't received them I called the company and they said that I had been misinformed, and that they would be at my location until the 28th of October.

So, on the 28th when they didn't arrive - I called. Just to find out that they claimed they were awaiting a proof approval from me via email. Yet, I never recieved a proof. Oh yes, I asked for one - but when I didn't receive it, I didn't think much of it and truthfully I had far too much on my plate to open so I didn't think about the proof. I bring up that little fact to the rep from the company and he says "oh, I see they emailed it to...." and the email he says -- is wrong. Mmmyeah, that could be an issue. So, I said give them the correct email and have them send it ASAP. Which they did......

To my surprise (why was I surprised? I'm wondering this now....) I receive a proof of three labels that are of my other store in Boston -- not the new store. All the info is wrong, there's artwork on it -- I just wanted plain, black text. So, I write them back and tell them unfortunately the proofs are all wrong and that I hope they have my order. So, I call customer service who reiterates the order I want over the phone -- and then proceeds to tell me that it's not THAT art department who would do my labels - it's the OTHER one (like I know the difference? I'm the customer, what do I know..?!?!) and then he apologizes and sends my order to the OTHER department. I receive the proof via email and they look terrible - so my being the background of designer - I relaid out the label and sent it back. I approved the proof, and asked for when they could be sent.

No reply.
I call Customer service, and express my interest in overnight delivery at their expense because this is just ridiculous - and they agree and say they'll get back to me.

They never get back to me.
Funny thing is, I receive yet ANOTHER proof the following day for me to approve. Of course I respond and say I already approved the day before, what am I receiving this for? So I get an email back saying it was an error, not to worry.

Except.... I never heard back about the express shipping. So, I call customer service on Monday to ask about it, and I get told that the labels were expected to ship on the 19th of November. You can imagine my response.... (You've GOT to be kidding me?!!?!?!)

Needless to say, I got my labels today. Oh yes, I got them.
But......
They're wrong.

Wrong color ink. Wrong spacing on one of them. And one that should be clear, is gold.

Seriously?!??!!
Was I setting the bar that high?

No comments: