Saturday, September 01, 2012

Life is just a fantasy, can you live this fantasy life...

(Kicking it back old school with a little Aldo Nova... totally dating myself, but hey - what's a girl to do when she can't get a rocking 80's hit out of her head?)

So it's Labor Day weekend.  I'm not exactly ready to say goodbye to summer and yet....I still found myself buying seasonal decor and changing my Summer flag to my Autumn one.  The mornings and evenings are cool and crisp even though the days are still really warm.  A true tip off that the season is changing:  the yellow jackets are in full force.  It's like they know that they're going to die soon so they're frenzied and aggressive.  Typically that happens in mid-September, early October.  Since we've been so warm since March, clearly they're all sorts of freaked out and today they were in rare form.

I'm going to miss this summer.  I'll fondly look back on it as the first summer I was able to take a good amount of time off from work and just relax with the kiddies.  Next summer, I plan on taking more, possibly even 4 days a week during the month of July.  June and August require a little more hands on, but July - should be smooth sailing. Unless we open a third store, which while part of me is really excited to do, another part of me could care less about it.  I'd be just as happy opening a small gourmet shop next door to our Boston store.  It will require far less buildout, less capital, less time and will still be profitable.  But we shall see what the future holds......

I'm in my sun room at the moment, with a nice glass of Haut Medoc and listening the surprising quiet of the house.  My two nephews are over for the night, and while it's not quite bedtime yet - to have 4 children under the age of 11 in the house and no real loud voices - well, it's almost suspicious!  Actually, it's really nice to hear all the laughter.  Their bedtime is coming up real soon though and I'm sure it's going to take some time to get them acclaimated to sleeping in "KidTown...."  We'll see just how long the quiet lasts...

So life is quiet and good for this girl on Labor Day weekend.  I hope yours is as well.... enjoy the final kiss of the summer sun, and I hope you are surrounded by love and laughter.

1 comment:

Suldog said...

It's been a good summer, for sure, but I love the fall.