Friday, September 07, 2012

It is a dash...it is the Diva Dash....

So when was the last time you remember reading that I've actually exerted any physical activity in the form of exercise?  Months, right?

Well, I'm heading to the Diva Dash tomorrow with one of sisters in law, and one of our cousins.  They're younger than me, and in great shape - they did Tough Mudder earlier this year, of which I'm still "not worthy" to be in their presence.  That is an amazing race.  I wish I'd participated but I knew I wasn't in the right conditioning....I am pre-registered for next year.  But I digress....

Anyway, tomorrow is this mini-obstance course-race sort of thing and as I was saying I'm older and haven't worked out in months.  Oh, right - my work out regiment has been eating and drinking!  I'm the heaviest I've been without having the excuse of "having just had a child"... fortunately I do some activity, since heavy lifting is what I do best at work.  I can throw a case of beer like nobodies business!!  Not quite the same, but you know what I mean; at least I have some semblence of strength, just not endurance.

So this oughta be fun!
Eh, who cares.  The worst that can happen is that it takes me a while.
Pictures to follow, complete with home made tutus on.....

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Woo-Hoo! Bring on the pictures!

Rebecca said...

LOL, I wish I had some! My SIL took some but I haven't gotten them yet. It was a fun time. :) I did surprisingly well, considering my workouts have consisted of eating and drinking, LOL. I think I'm going to run tomorrow morning. At least that's the plan...LOL.