Thursday, August 25, 2011

Are you kidding me...?

All day long people were in the store telling me how they were seeing other people in the bank all day withdrawing money from their account "in case" we get the hurricane.

Already some supermarkets have been emptied of water.

Really?

Because a hurricane only lasts a few hours anyway....not days. And I get that devastation left behind can be horrible, I'm certainly not downplaying the damage Mother Nature can cause.

Don't get me wrong, if we lived further south then it would be a different story. But up here in the North, storms fall apart long before they get to us.

We're New Englanders -- we're hearty stock.
What is up with all the hysteria?!?!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I think it just reminds people of how unprepared most of us are. And since most people would be screwed in a crisis situation without adequate food or supplies for a few days, panic ensues.

Luckily for us, we are prepared and just needed to get a few things to get us through in the event we lose power.