Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Wide open spaces....

So, recently I've complained about not having an outdoor space to enjoy because I don't have much of a yard to speak of; I do have a deck, however we have never, ever utilized it.

Until now.

I am writing this as I sit on my deck, enjoying the view from my screened gazebo.
Wow, what a difference an iron structure and some mosquito netting makes!

My father helped me put it up on Sunday -- and thankfully he was here to help me because it took the two of us 2 hours; it would've taken me an endless amount of time I'm sure. And then I went to Lowes and bought some plants, a table & chairs, flowers for my deck planters - and voila! Instant outdoor seating area that I can enjoy.

It's funny how suddenly the yard doesn't seem quite so small. I don't know if it's because we're not just sitting outside exposed on a deck and more enclosed so it gives a feeling of being in a room - and overlooking the yard rather than being within it. I can't really explain it, but whatever it is - it works.

Even crazier is that I think it gives a better appeal to the back area when showing the house. Yes, we're still selling - and still looking. But in the meantime, while I'm here, I'm going to enjoy my new outdoor space.....

1 comment:

Suldog said...

I love spaces like that - porches, decks, gazebos. Anything that puts me outside but not quite outside! Like you, I'm not quite sure why.