Thursday, August 04, 2011

Sometimes it just takes somethings that are fresh - to make you feel good.

Tonight was one of those nights that I just loved what I made for dinner. It was simple actually - breakfast, of sorts - but sometimes that's the best dinner to be had!

I made a fritatta with farm fresh eggs I got at the Farmer's Market today, and I added red peppers, mushrooms, chicken & apple sausage, onions & cheese. I made a simple salad with butter lettuce and cherry tomatoes, and I drizzled this really delicious Honey & Lavendar vinagrette that I also got at the market today. I made bacon and a small steak - and paired it all with a light white blend - and voila.

It was light, and simple and really very summery. Perfect for a night like this...

And as I sit outside listening to my neighbor's dog bark incessantly because no one is home and he wants so badly to get in - and despite the fact that my company at dinner was less than enjoyable tonight -- it's a pretty good night, and it all started with a super fresh dinner.

No comments: