Monday, March 01, 2010

We stand on guard, for....thee....

So, can I just tell you....
I loved, loved, loved the Olympics closing ceremony.
Despite the fact that everyone so obviously lip synched their songs -- I really enjoyed it.

I get all mushy and sentimental in a "kumbiyah" way of the unity and beauty of the international peace the Olympics brings. I'm really sad to see them end and can't wait to see what Russia does for their hosting of events.

http://www.soundboard.com/sb/olympic_theme_song.aspx

Check out that link for a little post-olympic musical infusions. Some of the best and most beautiful Olympic theme songs ever.

I've got to ask one question though....
is all that Canada has to offer really only beavers, hockey, leaves, moose, and beer? The latter not being part of the closing ceremonies but the former all being on display in larger than life form. There's got to be more to them that....

Like pharmaceuticals...

Just sayin'....

No comments: