Monday, March 08, 2010

You like me...you really, really like me!

Let's Oscar chat - shall we?

The best: Demi Moore in all of her insanely fit and gorgeous glory. Talk about looking timeless... no wonder that cougar nabbed such a young husband! I'd marry her for God's sake. Helen Mirren -- in a word -- stunning. She is the epitome of graceful aging. Favorite dresses of the evening: Demi, Rachel McAdams, Sandra Bullock. Kate Winslet and Penelope Cruz. Don't get me wrong, there were others but those were showstoppers for me. I loved the very smart yet sexy long hair styles that were on alot of people - including some of those I just mentioned. I really enjoyed Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin as hosts; not too over the top, not harsh and mean as some hosts can be to their audience members and for the first time the hosts were genuinely funny. Loved them. Sandra Bullock's acceptance speech -- was fabulous. I love her anyway -- I totally want to be best friends with her. I guess in a nutshell, the show as a whole was done well this year. I had no regrets staying up until midnight to watch every single moment of it. What I do know, is that next year -- I'm so having a Pajamas Oscar party at Chez "I'm Just a Girl"; complete with champagne of course!

The worst: Farrah Fawcett being left off the memorial presentation. Ouch, that one hurt me - one can't imagine how her family and friends must've felt. Sarah Jessica Parker's horribly orange skin and bad hair style. Ugh, what was her stylist thinking??!?! I did not at all like the beehive updo's some women wore - there's something elegant up an updo, but most of them I saw looked like old women with straggly hairs sticking out everywhere. When someone like JLo has her hair up and slicked back she is stunning. Last night....not so much. Just sayin'..... Kristen Stewart is continuing to be on my radar as the "least talented person in Hollywood". She was less than impressive yet again last night. While I was beyond thrilled that Mo'nique won her award, I was not equally as impressed with her relatively angry and bitter acceptance.

The best part of the Oscars for me -- is the opportunity to get a glimpse at some movies that I more than likely didn't get the chance to see during the year. And now, I've got some things that I'm actually excited about watching.

And if that's what I get from the show, outside of getting to play armchair fashion critic -- then truly, that's good enough for me!

No comments: