Saturday, April 22, 2006

Crossing Over....

So, last night was my John Edward night...
There were 300 people there, which was rather surprising because it certainly felt intimate in the room. Far more intimate than 300 people. We sat in the 7th row - not too far up - not too far back - right sort of the middle it seemed. It was general admission seating, and we had the opportunity to sit closer but opted to sort of melt within.

Don't believe the hype/rumor of anyone eavesdropping within the room - or bugging it for sound, or even gathering information from the audience ahead of time. Interestingly enough, while there was alot of talk going on - no one was talking about who they wanted to hear from. And the "staff" - which again, interestingly enough - are his family members, were very "handsoffish" and minimal or no small talk with anyone, outside of taking our tickets.

There were 12 people read in total, over 2 and 1/2 hours, and out of 300 people.
And yes - my husband and I were one of them.

The whole time I was trying my best to mentally "will" someone to come through for me. And as it was getting closer to the end -the last 15 minutes of the "scheduled" time, a thought came to me that "I guess it's not going to happen for me"....and at that exact moment (I am SO not kidding), as he was answering someone's question - he pointed to us. Twice. And as he finished answering the question, he focused right on us. It was weird to seem him sort of change focus mid conversation.

We were the shortest and the least descriptive....but we were also the least tragic. There were some very sad stories last night. I'm not going to share the details of my reading only because it's a bit personal. Last night, my husband the staunch cynic was critical....this morning after the reading, he was far less so. And our information while brief, was rather direct and specific. When I called my parents last night as I left it was hard to bring it all back, because the excitement sort of comes to the foreground; but once we got home and digested the information (not regurgitate what we thought he said - but specific words and phrases) it was so....real.

Overall, I can tell you this....whether you believe or not, he's worth seeing if you get the chance. He's very warm, personable, and sincere. He's very open with his own life experiences, and it's pretty clear that this should not be something that is in lieu of grief counseling; and he's very specific about the information he's receiving. Watching his television show is a bit different than seeing it in person, because television is all neat and tied in a bow....To see how it all really works in person is pretty interesting. And maybe, just maybe - you'll become not a "believer" - but maybe hopeful - that those we lose truly do see us after they leave the physical world.

8 comments:

Martie said...

I so want to believe that those who have passed over can look back and see us. I love to watch his show and often have wished I could go and see him in person.

I'm happy you got to go and hope the information you received was what you needed or wanted.

Hugs!!

BTW, thanks for telling us that it is real and not "set up".

Big Ben said...

I don't want to beleive so I don't think I would go in fear i would see/hear/fell something that convinced me otherwise.

Cissa Fireheart said...

I wish I could have been there. Especially this weekend. My blog entries from today will explain better why...

JC said...

This is great...I truly was waiting for this date, setting reminders at the back of my head so that i wouldn't forget to come back and check this post today...I'm so glad you got your messages, really. That means somehow if your loved ones are close to you, then maybe the same thing can happen for me...So, great...thanks for sharing. Hug.

dawnmarie said...

big ben, that was really honest, and i have to say, i agree.

Rebecca said...

Hey Jesus -
Thanks for checking back... ;)

And to all of you - yes, it's something that I think unless you experience it, it's difficult to be sure. If you even choose to experience it, as Ben pointed out. :)

To each his own. :)
I enjoyed myself anyway....

Mellissa said...

Hi Rebecca,

I too was happy to see the post. I was hoping for you. John Edwards is amazing - and sincere.

Hope it brought you comfort.

Mellissa

Bougie Black Boy said...

see i believe in things like this--but not him for some reason. I'm not sure why I get that feeling from him. BUT, I'm sure the experience would be much greater if I were there myself. glad you enjoyed it and recommended it.