Thursday, April 13, 2006

Batter Up!

I'm very, very, very excited.
My husband called me in work today and said that he managed to get two tickets right behind home plate for Monday's Red Sox game. He said he was taking our son. What a nice Dad, huh? :)

So, I said "geez, they didn't have three tickets?" and he said that no - for that section they only had pairs. So I said, I'd call and see if I couldn't get a single seat close by. That way we'd switch off watching the game with the little guy. Sure enough, no one sells tickets in odd numbers usually. At least not this far out before the game.

I called him back, told him the dilemma. Then he said "You don't have any friends that would want to go????" Of course I do!! And here in Massachusetts, Monday is a "sort of" holiday. It's Patriots Day - and Marathon Monday. So it's a busy day here in BeanTown. I called my girlfriend Lynne who is a diehard fan (and actually attending Thursday night's game) and asked if she was interested - which by no surprise, she was. And this will be some great medicine for both her and I. She's one of my closest friends, and we dont' get to spend much time together anymore. Her children are grown - mine are small, and so we're at different points in our life. When we first met, I was single and she had young children. So the cycle changes, and life goes on - and in a few years, we'll be on the same path. So this will be a much needed and long overdue girls fun time.

We're all going into the game together! And while Lynne and I are about two sections over, it will still be close enough that my husband and I can "swap seats" occasionally to hang out with the TyGuy.

You have to indulge in these luxuries occasionally, don't you?

13 comments:

chesneygirl said...

Of course you do!!

I hope you have great weather for it and have a 'ball'!!!! hahahaha! :)

Big Ben said...

Of Course you should indulge. Jays are up 6-1 on the Sox right now!

dawnmarie said...

indulge away. baseball isn't really an indulgence though. more like oxygen.

twins are back to 4-5 from 1-5. it's refreshing.

Jerrster said...

Rebecca...I so love a city who is faithful to a "team"...I'm more of a Cubs Fan and I live in So. Calif...who can get behind a team who is known as the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California?????

I can root for Boston or Chicago...just at the same time...in a bar in either city? right? I look to you for guidence.

Martie said...

Enjoy the game and your time with your friend! Indulge away!!

clew said...

Oh man that sounds great. It's been a long time since I've been to a ball game ... the Hub doesn't care for baseball :( ... I'm hoping Incrediboy gets the bug from me! Mother-son time at the park! (dreaming)

Mellissa said...

I just looove a good baseball game and the BOSOX rock!!

Have fun with your husband, your friend, and your son!!

Happy Easter Rebecca!

Mellissa

Queenmatrai said...

Oh what fun :)

How was the game?

noojes

*** said...

That will be a blast! Good job, Rebecca!

Bougie Black Boy said...

seems like thinga are going well for you. glad to hear that. working on a lot of things so my life is quite busy right now. but i'll be commenting more later!

bigwhitehat said...

It helps your enthusiasm when your team is winning. Damn Rangers.

Cheryl said...

Woo hoo! Sounds like a great time. Have fun!

Hale McKay said...

(As green with envy as your sidebar) Enjoy- it should be a grat time.