Monday, April 01, 2013

There is a season...turn, turn....

This generational, growing older thing we call life is pretty amazing.

Yesterday, we were at my MIL's house having Easter dinner and while everyone was laughing and talking - I took a minute to pull my attention from the conversation and peek into the kitchen and watch the kids for a few minutes. 

Suddenly, they weren't 'the babies" sitting together eating.  They weren't just kids either; they were little versions of us - sitting at their table, laughing and talking.  Joking with each other, planning on what they were going to do after eating. I looked back at our table and thought, "that used to be us".  We were the "younger generation", the "kids".  And now we're all older...the 40 something crowd, with kids planning their futures.  (My oldest nephew is going to be 17!)

And it makes you realize just how quickly time moves.
And how precious it is.
And how you should cherish every stolen moment of it.....

No comments: