Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Thank my lucky stars...

I am so excited.
Tomorrow, I'm taking a well deserved vacation day. And no one knows I'm taking it. Well, actually - just my husband doesn't know. I've got a full day planned, and if I spill the beans too soon - I'll never get out of the house in time. So I need to pretend that it's a "status quo" kind of day until I'm on the road. Then, I can spill the beans.

First thing in the morning, I'm off to do a fun Walgreens run. I haven't done one of those sans kids - in I can't tell you how long. Then, I've got a coffee date with Glitter at Starbucks. We've been trying to get together and hang out since I don't know - November? And I know that there's a Peppermint Mocha just calling my name....

Then, I've got a 12:30 massage! I got a gift certificate for Christmas, and haven't had the chance to use it - so I called to see if the masseuse was available tomorrow, and as luck would have it - she was! Normally she has a bit of a wait, so I was surprised to get in so soon. I just called yesterday on a whim. Deep tissue massage, here I come! You just don't realize how sore you are until someone touches your back. I'm so looking forward to it.

Since apparently I was on a lucky roll - I booked a 2:30 hair cut with a stylist I'd been trying to get into for a few months, but never seem to be able to get in to see. She just happened to have an opening for a trim, which is all I need. So, since I've got my gift cheque from work - I figured I'd split it on my hair and shoes. Get the most bang for my buck, you know?

It's not often that I'm out of work for a reason other than the kids being sick, or having family in town - or for having a day by myself.
So, it's going to be all about me tomorrow.

I think I deserve it. And clearly - so does "someone else", because everything aligned perfectly!
The massage therapist was available - Glitter wasn't busy, the hair stylist was open.

Life is good.

11 comments:

Big Ben said...

I would love a massage (even one without a happy ending!)

bigwhitehat said...

Have a fantastic day. And again, sorry about the troll.

Mellissa said...

Well,

HOW was it??? Did you get a new pair of boots....

Hookey days are just the best thing in the world.....I love this post and am so glad you had a day for you!

M

chesneygirl said...

Ahhh, life IS good!
Enjoy it, girl...you DO deserve it! :)

I've NEVER had a massage. I'm jealous.

*** said...

I'm so jealous! I am going to pull one of those, but not for a while. I had to "waste" almost five of my paid days off when I was sick a month or so ago and this month I'll have to "waste" another five days to get my left foot fixed and be literally laid-up all week. Guess I'll save it all for summer!

Bougie Black Boy said...

ha. i'm 3 blocks from Walgreens! Don't be jealous!

ramblin' girl said...

hope your day off was fabulous! you deserve it!

clew said...

Sounds like fun!!!! Enjoy it, you deserve it!

"Bang" for your buck. Hair cut. Ha ha. ;)

Speaking of get-togethers, it's rangoon weekend with naive. Wish you could join us!

Susan said...

Yes, it is. I send you the pic! : )

Queenmatrai said...

Sounds absolutely fabulous...

Me needs one of those sometime really soon or im gonna snap

Pass some of those lucky stars this way willya ;)

Noojes

Rebecca said...

Hey All:

Had a blast!!! ;) I just posted about it. :)

Ben: Stop - aren't those myths! ;)


Noojes - Thanks for visiting! I'll send some lucky stars your way. :)

Clew: SO ENVIOUS of you girls! Have a fun Rangoon celebration and I'll be thinkin' of you guys. ;)

Mellissa: Didn't even have time to squeeze in the shopping for boots/shoes. But I still have some money left over so I'm planning on going tomorrow at lunch. I'm thinking boots might be a thing of the past at this point in the stores, so I may have to get fun summer shoes!