Friday, December 03, 2010

Who doesn't love holiday traditions....

Tonight was the annual tree decorating soiree...

It's funny, over the past few years - my tree has downsized. I used to have this amazingly huge tree, about 7.5 feet but very full - with over 1000 lights on it. It was stunning.... but last year, the middle section wouldn't light up, so I ended up buying this very small, thin replacement tree.
I used about 1/3 of my ornaments this year, and even less ribbon; and I still need to get a new tree skirt tomorrow. But it still looks pretty! And we hung all of our most favorite ornaments, which is most important. I mean, there are tons we could've hung - but we chose our very favorites which almost makes the tree that much more special this year.




So it was a great night....chinese food, pumpkin and gingerbread donuts....and then Princess Petunia caught the nasty stomach bug that's been circulating, and yuck - vomit everywhere. Nothing this Mom can't handle though. In the tub she went, I washed the floor... and she promptly fell asleep. At this rate, by about 9 a.m. she should be as good as new.

And this weekend we're chock full of holiday parties, so it should be a fun and relaxing enjoyable weekend for all of us in the "I'm just a Girl" family.

I hope that you do the same.

1 comment:

Suldog said...

That's a superbly lovely tree. Nice job!