Tuesday, December 07, 2010

My my, what a thumping good read, lions eating Christians, people nailing each other to two by fours. I'll say, you won't find that in Winnie the Pooh

1. That stomach bug is miserable. So, it seems everyone has been getting variations of a theme with this stomach bug that's going around. Fortunately, I seemed to have gotten it the worst out of everyone here. I say fortunately, because I hate when the kids get so sick; but while I didn't have to make any trips to the bathroom - it wasnt' that kind of a bug - I felt awful. Horrible sharp stomach pains, throbbing headache and a fever. I felt like someone beat me with a bat all over my body...and I couldn't even sleep. Fortunately, I feel back to normal today, though it took until mid-afternoon. Truly a 24 hour cycle with this one. Thank God we didn't get tickets to the game last night!

2. What a freaking great game last night! Fortunately, I was able to listen to the game even though I couldn't really watch it; I was so uncomfortable and in this weird zone because of the fever, that I heard the whole thing and was able to watch some of it - like picks got me to turn my head and watch the tv - as did touchdowns. Or both - picks & six, as you will.

3. I don't understand why bad things happen to good people. Elizabeth Edwards just passed away and it's just so sad. That lovely woman was so gracious and had been through so much tragedy even before her philandering husband decided to impregnate some political groupie. And to think they divorced just a mere 11 months before her passing; I don't know if that was ultimately happiness and freedom to her despite her diagnosis. It very well may have been.... She certainly is not the only example of bad things/good people, clearly. But us "normal folk" don't have to have a public persona in the face of personal tragedy. And sometimes, I think there needs to be more compassion for the person who doesn't have the luxury of privacy during
difficult times. Especially since it wasn't necessarily her choice to be such a public figure.

4. The weekend was fun! Here are a few pics of our celebrating weekend... 'tis the season to be jolly!

No comments: