Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Get into the groove....

Today was my first day back to yoga.
I know, I know....I said I was going to do it last week - but truthfully, the cold came on too quickly -- but fortunately left just as quick, so today was day one.

My God how I've missed it.

What I did notice, however...is that while taking two months off isn't a horrifically long time - I didn't bounce back so strongly as I usually do. A few Warrior Two's and my quads were singing to me. Singing...! What's that all about? Could it be that turning the "big 4-0" makes that much of a difference? I defy the aging process... defy it I say.

Well, that's not entirely true. I'm all about aging gracefully, and embracing who we are naturally. But that's on a purely superficial level. That doesn't mean when it comes to my physical abilities I'm going to lay down and wither away. Au contraire mon frere. As a matter of fact, I was so irritated with my legs burning that I was determined to run three miles when I got home.

However, I opted to have a glass of wine and blog instead. We'll save that run for another night.
But I will do it. And it will be this week.

This girl swears on it.

No comments: