Saturday, May 22, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday, Baby....


My baby boy is 9 today.
Hard to imagine how quickly time flies. Born 4 weeks early, he practically fit in my hand and forearm....he was such an alert and quiet newborn. He slept all night - and was awake most of the day and was just so.....content.

He hasn't changed much, outside of obviously being bigger - and starting to test the waters of life. He's basically still so content; he's a thinker, introspective and sensitive.

I nicknamed him "Peanut butter cup" within the first few days of his birth, and the name is still used. At night time I usually finish the day with "good night Peanut Butter Cup". It's a fitting name, given that peanut butter cups are one of my very favorite things.

I couldn't be any luckier to have him for a son... and can't wait to see what kind of a person he grows up to be.

Happy Birthday Peanut butter cup....

No comments: