Thursday, December 17, 2009

When it seems that we have lost our way...We find ourselves again on Christmas Day

Where is the time going??

I am well beyond the eight ball this year. I know I said that last year too, but if you browse my older posts -- at this point of the month I think I was pretty well set.

G's presents -- almost done. Kid's presents -- almost done. Niece/nephews gifts -- not even close. But that takes a short time, fortunately. Other gifts -- not even close. Again, they don't take much time, but it's finding the time to actually get it done.

Before the store - I could take a sick day or vacation day and get all my shopping done in one day. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Not this year.... I have no days off. No down time. I'm not complaining -- just an interesting observation. Truthfully, I haven't even finalized my holiday dinner menu -- can you imagine?!?! Not one thing is wrapped yet, and today is what -- December 17th? This is the least organized in this perspective I have ever been. But, I'm on a mission and come the end of this weekend, presents will be wrapped and under the tree. And all my shopping will be done.... mark my words.

So, I've decided not to do the Turducken for dinner... I'm a little sad, truth be told - but I don't have the time this year. This is a big learning curve year for me; next holiday I'll have it all better scheduled. So, I'm finalizing my menu tomorrow and I'll gladly share it at that time. I still have a few details I'm working on.....

If anyone's looking for some wine recommendations for gift giving -- let me know. You don't have to buy with me -- but I'll gladly pass on some great advice! I'm actually sitting here right now with a delicious glass of Honig Chardonnay after a long day at work -- and an even longer week.

But that's a story for another day....

No comments: