Long before I started blogging - I created a list of "things to do before I die". I think most of us have done this at one time or another. I found the list not too long ago, and realized that I'm quite fortunate - I've accomplished a great deal of them. Some of them were relatively simple, such as having a family...or going apple picking. (Yes, prior to two years ago, I'd never been apple picking. Isn't that a sin?!?!?!) Some of them were more grand, such as owning my own business, or pampering myself in some luxurious way. I initally had 70 things listed - I'm now down to 21. Keep in mind, I wrote this wishlist initially in 1998; so I've had some time to work on it!
This is going to sound very self centered, as it's all my personal wants and desires. There are many things that could fit on this list that I as a "Mom" would like to accomplish, but I'm keeping this list as my own indulgence. Most of the things on here, I may never achieve....some I may. But the good thing is, this is a living and breathing list....it will always change, it will always grow. Just as we as people should never remain stagnant - nor should our wishes and dreams.
Maybe some of these are things you can add to your own lists.....maybe you've already done some of them. But feel free to share some of your wishes too!
1. I'd really like to Skydive/Freefall
2. Drive in a Demolition Derby - I can so do that.
3. I really want to drive a stock car
4. Can you believe I own a wine shop and have never been to Wine Country? I'd like to tour it soon.
5. Ride in a jet, pulling 9G's (and since I work on base, I'm thinking someday.....)
6. Go on a culinary tour of New Orleans (once it's rebuilt!)
7. Visit the French Countryside
8. See the Louvre
9. Visit the Italian Countryside
10. Attend King Richard's Faire
11. See John Edward in person
12. Go on an African Safari
13. Participate in the breast cancer three day walk
14. See U2 in the "inner circle" (I'm sort of a concert snob, if my seats aren't right up front, I don't enjoy the show as much.)
15. Take a class in specialized cuisine, e.g. French, Mexican, German
16. Learn how to decorate a cake
17. Take a class on how to handpaint wine glasses so they look pretty
18. I'd love to start a catering or event planning business.
19. Own a Donna Karan suit
20. Go to the Symphony
21. Sit behind homeplate at Fenway