Friday, November 25, 2005

"Don't you just love a bargain"...

No, I did not attempt the Christmas Tree Shop today. Although I could be a walking informercial for them and every other store that I love. When I like something, I can't hide my enjoyment. And I have to touch everything... From ornaments to clothing, I'm all about the look and the feel. I'm alot of fun to shop with - at least my aunt thinks so! She came with me today, and we got quite a bit accomplished. We have my nephews birthday party on Sunday, so of course - we had to get him presents. And she bought Christmas gifts for my daughter and my niece. I didn't buy any holiday gifts for anyone yet. That's a one-day extravaganza, and I just can't bring myself to do it yet. That's a fun, "playing hookie from work" kind of day. Coming soon....

I did, however - go to Michael's Crafts. Where I got these 4ft pre-lit entranceway trees! I can't wait to put them on my front porch - I've always wanted them, and they're normally $69.99. Can you say $29.99? I was giddy walking out of the store. There are few things in life that can me me feel "high". Getting a score of a bargain - that is one of them.

I love, love, love this time of year....
May all your days be merry and bright!

8 comments:

Alison Rose said...

I do love a bargain, but I tend to avoid "Black Friday," if only because of the traffic! However, I couldn't resist running over to my local Circuit City at 8 a.m. because they had blank DVD-Rs (for recording) for only $7 for a spindle of 50. And amazingly, despite the crowds (they opened for business today at 5 a.m.--yeesh!), I actually got a space right in front as someone was pulling out and didn't even have to threaten anyone for it. :-) That was it for the shopping for me today--I decided not to press my luck any further.

(And I'm like you, Rebecca--I have a ton of shopping yet to come, but I left it for another day.)

Laurie said...

Those trees sound awesome! There's a Michael's about a mile from me, too.

You make Christmas shopping sound like fun.. :-)

bigwhitehat said...

I don't know why but, this made me smile.

echotig said...

I openly , blatantly love Christmas too! Love it, love it, love it!!

Laura said...

I love Christmas too for lots of reasons. I went to Target yesterday and spent 2 hours, loading down a cart. I got 99% of all the kids' toys. People were looking at me like I was nuts. Hello... 3 kids= toys x 3...I knew exactly what I was getting them. The only lag time was getting all the little things that weren't planned. Then I had to hit AC Moore and Michael's. (Micheal's was worse than Target believe it or not.) They both had lots of little crafty things that make great stocking stuffers.

GlitterGlamGirl05 said...

I love bargain shopping..hence the $3.00 shirt I bought on Friday as well. It was just hanging there and it has My Little Pony on it and it just leaped in my carraige. I don't know how that happened and yes...Coffee is needed in Dec!

ramblin' girl said...

I have those same trees for my front porch. Just hope they still light up this year... already had to replace other lights.

McSwain said...

Woohoo! That's a great bargain! But I have to say, Micheals + Me = a very dangerous combination, because I have a hard time resisting a bargain!