My children watch Noggin, and there are a variety of musical songs that play throughout their programming. I hear them and they often stick with me. For days at a time. They're really quite good actually -and they're positive and self esteem type building songs - which I love. One of the songs is called "I'm not Perfect".
"I'm not perfect....no I'm not. I'm not perfect, but I've got what I've got. I do my very best, I do my very best, I do my very best each day...but I'm not perfect. And I know you love me that way..."
As I was laying in bed last night, hearing the song in my head....it inspired me to list some of my own quirks. We all have them - those idiosyncrasies that make us each who we are. So, sit back and enjoy as I list some of my hangups and habits that can only be described quirky, bizzare, anal - and sometimes just downright annoying.
No - I don't have OCD, or anything like that. hahhaa. I just am particular about things.
And there are far more than I've listed here...but this is enough for today.
Hey - if you can't laugh at yourself - who can you laugh at?
1. I chew ice cubes for fun. They're delicious. (As you're cringing, I have to tell you - I have no cavities, so this isn't an issue for me!)
2. I eat my food on my plate in order. I usually start with the starch, move to the vegetables and then finish with the beef/chicken/fish. I don't mush it all together, and I can't take "a little of this and a little of that" on my fork at once. I try, but I like to really enjoy each thing I'm eating individually.
3. I'm nuts about windexing my kitchen table. Truly.
4. You must drink wine out of a wine glass at my house. No mugs allowed!!!! Mugs are for coffee and hot cocoa. (MOM!)
5. My radio stations are programmed by genre. I can't have my music all mish mashed. That's just wrong!
6. Speaking of which, my cd's are organized by genre, and then alphabetically. Oh - and of course, by genre alphabetically overall.
7. I can't wear a shirt tucked in. Ever. That's like nails across a chalkboard for me.
8. I can not sleep barefoot. My feet get cold and I wake up. I always sleep with socks.
9. I hate being barefoot in general. I need to have a shoe or something on my foot. I never understood how people can walk barefoot on hot pavement.
10. I whistle. Alot. I don't even when I do it. I'll get a song stuck in my head - and I'll be whistling it all day long. It's weird because it gives the impression of being very happy. People will always say something witty like "wow, you're really happy huh?", or "Whistle while you work...". Not that I'm not very happy because I am. But, I just don't think about being happy while I do it -nor is it why I'm whistling. I'm whistling because I've been cursed with a song that's been stuck in my head, like "I'm not Perfect".
See how it all comes full circle? :)
Think about your little idiosyncrasies today, and have a good laugh - on you!