Friday, October 05, 2012

“You can seek the advice of others, surround yourself with trusted advisers, but in the end, the decision is always yours, and yours alone. And when it’s time to act, and you’re all alone, with your back against the wall, the only voice that matters is the one in your head. The one telling you what you probably already knew. The one that’s almost always right.”

Boy am I glad it's Friday.

As I sit here drinking my Pinot Noir (Carmel Road, incase anyone was wondering....) I'm finally feeling relatively caught up given the week I've had.  Even yesterday I had a hard time realizing it was Thursday; it's like being in a vaccum when you're in a hospital it seems.

Given my many rants about child abuse and murder of children, you can imagine I was beyond excited to hear that Thomas Mortimer is going to have life in prison without chance of parole.  I won't link to his story because truthfully it was one of the most gruesome and sickening I've heard of in some time and I don't want to burden anyone who is blissfully ignorant with the details.  Just trust me when I tell you he's a monster - and I'm thrilled that he did not try to plea insanity or some other invalid defense.

Bobby Valentine .... gone from the Red Sox.  Ah yes, well this girl felt the "kiss of death" was when the Red Sox ownership went on and on to dispel the rumors that they were going to fire him and insist that the love affair they have with him would extend into his second contract year.  Doth protest too loudly it seems.... poor guy.  While I wasn't a fan, you still have to feel badly for someone who clearly was almost set up to fail.

This weekend I have my niece and nephew over for a sleepover for a night!  They're arriving tomorrow morning and it looks like the weather will cooperate enough for us to go pumpkin picking at a local farm - which of course means pumpkin carving is on the agenda! How fun, right? They'll get to take their pumpkins home, but for one night I'll have 4 pumpkins on my front porch instead of the regular 2. I'll have to take pictures to share....

However you spend your weekend, I hope it's filled with laughter and love...and hopefully pumpkin pie and cider donuts and maybe a good bottle of wine (or two..or three...just sayin'...!)



No comments: