Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Oh how I miss my Grey's Anatomy....

It's been quite some time since I watched Grey's.  I miss that show.

I did manage to catch up on a few episodes from last season (not the one that just ended, the one previous) and it wasn't a challenge to figure out what was going on.  That's part of the beauty of soap operas -- years can go by and so long as a few of the characters are still the same, you can pretty much piece all of the parts together to figure out where they're at in the storyline.

But I do miss Meredith's imperfections and McDreamy's perfection - and McSteamy's lack of caring about perfection.

So here's a little tidbit from the show, from an earlier season.  I love, love, love the monologues that open and close each episode.  The writing of these really pieced each weekly escapade together, and even when seperated from the script as I've done here -- they truly hit home for msot of us, at certain times - on so many levels.

"We all get at least one good wish a year, over the candles on our birthday. Some of us throw in more, on eyelashes, fountains, lucky stars. And every now and then, one of those wishes comes true. So what then? Is it as good as we’d hoped? Do we bask in the warm glow of our happiness… or do we just notice we’ve got a long list of other wishes waiting to be wished.

We don’t wish for the easy stuff. We wish for big things. Things that are ambitious, out of reach. We wish because we need help, and we’re scared, and we know we may be asking too much. We still wish though, because sometimes… they come true."

No comments: