Saturday, January 28, 2012

Not recommended for the light of heart....

So, I went and saw one of the Academy Award nominated films earlier this week.

It must've been slim pickings this year; either that, or they Academy just feels that they have to give George Clooney a nod for everything he does.

The Descendants, was boring and mildly irritating.
Frustrating even.

There were some cute moments, but overall the idea that a family could place so little value on another family members life - is mind blowing.

I get dysfunction, I get teenage angst -- I don't get a complete sense of disconnection.

And while George gave a mild and nice performance, I didn't see anything that was Academy Award material in anything outside of cinematography.

Am I alone in this school of thought?

No comments: