Thursday, January 26, 2012

Inna gadda da vida baby...

So, when the Patriots won this past Sunday - G and I toyed with getting tickets to go to the Superbowl.  We said we'd "definitely go" if they were in the Superbowl, but seriously - it's almost impossible to get tickets and a hotel for under $7k per person.  Per person!!!  It's really very hard to justify spending that kind of money to go.  I mean, it's not like it's in Miami or Tampa - where we have family to staycation with.   So, home we will be.... truth be told it will be more fun to watch here than freezing our butts off in Indy.  Or at least I keep trying to convince myself of that....

Today we had a private wine tasting with a former Patriot, Drew Bledsoe - and Chris Figgins of Leonetti & Figgins Wine.  Drew has a wine called Double Back, which was actually my second favorite wine of the day that we tasted.  It was at Grill 23 and the only thing that was a disappointment was that there was no lunch that was served.  Who books a tasting from 12-2 and doesn't serve lunch?!?
(G is much more photogenic than I am... and look how happy he is!  Truthfully, I wasn't much of a Bledose fan and was thrilled when Brady was put in from his first successful play on the field.  But, give credit where credit is due....Bledsoe was one hell of a QB. And quite the gracious mentor.  I just hated that he was constantly getting sacked.  But I digress....)

So the countdown to the Superbowl is on!
Are you partying that day?  And are you cooking....or ordering out?

1 comment:

Elaine said...

How cool that you got to see Drew.
He is a real gentleman. Nice photo!